Looking For A Quiet Place to Rest and Pray?
The Cedars, an oasis of silence and prayer at L’Arche Daybreak, is available to L’Arche core members, assistants and other spiritual seekers. Tucked away in a cedar grove on the L’Arche Daybreak property, it offers an unstructured space for rest, prayer, reading and retreat. Founded by Henri Nouwen and Sue Mosteller, CSJ in 1986, the Cedars continues as a spiritual resource to the wider community.
The Cedars library catalogue is now online!
Click on this link to search the Cedars library collection online: Library Catalog
Smart phone and tablet users can access the site at: Phone/Tablet Link
Type in CEDARS as the name of your library (no password required).
LibraryWorld Search mobile apps for Apple and Android smart mobile devices are available to download for free.
The catalogue links to the Google Preview Book service, allowing summary and even content viewing of books in the collection.
Some recently added titles include:
- Love, Henri : letters on the spiritual life by Henri Nouwen
- The Joy of Missing Out : finding balance in a wired world by Christina Crook
- Signs : seven words of hope by Jean Vanier
- Keeping Place : reflections on the meaning of home by Jen Pollock Michel
- Embracing the End of Life : help for those who accompany the dying by Michelle O’Rourke
Contact information and other details
- $40 per night
- help-yourself kitchen
- 7 bedrooms, a chapel and library
- wheelchair accessible
- spiritual direction may be available
If you have any questions about the Cedars guest house or library, please contact Steven Knezevic at firstname.lastname@example.org or (905) 737-4962.
For Directions please visit our Directions Page.
Some Recent Guest Comments: